Monday, January 25, 2010

Rambling. . .

  • I heard The Grateful Dead's Touch of Grey on 101.9RXP earlier tonight. They call themselves "The Rock of New York". Regardless of how I may feel about The Grateful Dead (indifferent, apathetic), I do feel comfortable saying that they are not really a rock band.
  • I also heard The Who's Long Live Rock while flipping through the stations. I'd call this a rock and roll song for sure, but I think it sucks. I'm at the point in my life now that my father was at ten years ago when I was listening to The Who a lot. I frankly don't care if I ever hear another song by The Who. And really, who the fuck at the NFL thinks it's a good idea for them to be performing at the Super Bowl? I vote Lady Gaga.
  • Joe Perry (of Aerosmith) is historically underrated. Cryin', Tell Me What It Takes To Let You Go and Crazy are pop songs which all feature creative, uncommon and unpredictable chord changes. Cheers to that.
  • This song is unreal. Fuckin' Radiohead.

No comments:

Post a Comment