Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day. . And So On

A bunch of little things on my mind.  First and foremost, I'd like to wish everyone and their mother a Happy Mother's Day.  I will concede to the fact that this is not my favorite day of the year, but it gives me an opportunity to publicly send my love to my mother, and anyone who has acted as a mother to me in any way over the course of my life.  I hope everyone has had a wonderful day to this point!

Some goings on. . 
Thank you to everyone that made it out to Gabrielle's last night.  It was a great time as usual. The doors were wide open and we were projecting onto Park Ave from the other side of Merrick Road.  You'll have another opportunity to catch us out at BBQ Inc this coming Friday 5/15 10PM-1AM.  We'll sing your song, so come on out and Rock The Turn.

We will be performing at the New York City Walk for AIDS next Sunday morning May 17th, 2009 @ 11am.  In cooperation with the Show Entertainment Group, we'll be stationed at 74th and Riverside playing for all of the walkers and passersby.  

The Parkside Lounge extravaganza is right around the corner.  Friday 5/22 @ 8pm, 317 Houston Street.  Be there, we'll Rock out together.

Grumblings. . Somehow, with all of performances we've made, and venues we've played, the request lines have found a way to overlook one of Rock and Roll's most prevalent and otherwise enduring groups.  So I ask you. . Where is the love for Aerosmith?  It only occurred to me recently while enjoying Tell Me What It Takes To Let You Go on the radio that we have received exactly zero requests for Aerosmith.  I'm open to interpretation, but I'd love to know why.  The fact that we more often receive requests for *NSYNC (twice this weekend) and Britney Spears begs the question again, Where is the love for Aerosmith?  I think the move is for Pat and I to learn a couple of songs and mix them in so you all have no choice.  Consider it done.

We've been writing a bunch of new songs recently.  The process that we go through to write songs is constantly growing and evolving to incorporate ideas that we might not have previously had, and being influenced by more newer different types of music.  With that in mind, I sometimes return to what I call "default inspirations".  These are songs that I've listened to an innumerable amount over the course of my life, and will keep listening to indefinitely.  Those might be favorites, or "bookmarks", but they're influences.  Whatever it takes to get the creative juices flowing.  On my list of songs to address again in the very near future is "A Day In The Life".  I think it's time to go back and try to nit-pick every aspect of that song and identify them.  Getting to know that song on a personal level is something I think anyone attempting to write a song should do.  Interview it, dig deep, find the answers you're looking for and apply them to your own craft.  Again, there's something to be learned from everyone. 

Peace Love and Vocal Harmonies



No comments:

Post a Comment