Friday, April 24, 2009

Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen


This is one of the first times I can remember being up before noon in around three months. I'm more than happy to disclose the reason for my early rise as well. . Kings Of Leon are playing at the Coliseum in September and tickets go on sale in about five minutes.  Pat and I went to see them at MSG in January and their return to the New York area most assuredly warrants attendance by The Turn.  In fact, we'd love to see you there!

So, I figured while I was waiting I'd chime in on a few things I'd been thinking about. First of all, with regards to an earlier post, The Aftermath, I have a very strong candidate for the fifth spot. "Big Machine" by The Goo Goo Dolls is a song that for as long as I've been familiar with it, has given me chills.  The opening riff is so strong, and recognizable, and draws you in from the moment the song starts.  Then before you know it, it's over.  The lyrics themselves are reason enough to listen. The sentiment expressed throughout the entire song melodically and lyrically is ambiguous to a point that you could really derive any meaning from it that you please.  The song ends and you're left wondering where the last three minutes has gone, as you've been under the spell of Big Machine.

My favorite line in the song is "god it's good to be alive".  Whether or not I, or Johnny Rzeznik (or anyone for that matter) really feel that way all the time is immaterial, though obviously nobody really feels like that 100% of the time.  Even with that in mind, the fact is there have been times that taking a deep breath and closing my eyes has caused me to think "god it's good to be alive".  He says it twice in the song.  I relate more to the second time, but you'll have to listen to the song to get what I mean by that.  

I hope you do, and I hope you enjoy it.  

In other news, The Turn will be appearing at The Parkside Lounge on Friday May 22nd @ 8PM. If you're reading it here, you're reading it first.  We're very excited to get back in front of you guys with the full band again.  

Any questions, comments or concerns can be directed at me and I'd be happy to answer them for you.

In the meantime

Peace Love and Vocal Harmonies

B

No comments:

Post a Comment