Thursday, April 16, 2009

So It Goes. . .

I wanna shout out real quick to Elan Michael and Dave Otis.  They're long overdue for some love. Not only have they both been over bridges, through tunnels and across state lines to see The Turn, they've also been front and center at Gabrielle's almost every Saturday since October.  You guys are awesome and I can't wait to give you The Big Show on Saturday, thank you endlessly for the support.  

In other news, the new Turn t-shirts are ready for public consumption.  I'd like to say a very special thanks to Terence Kennedy again for all of his help.  If you want to get your hands on one of the very first shirts from this run before the show, you can call 516 458 7299 or e mail BrianRipps@aol.com. 

I also wanted to take this opportunity to tell everyone about a band I've been listening to a lot recently.  They're called Into The Presence, and they're absolutely awesome.  Comprised of Primus' former drummer Tim Alexander and guitarist/songwriter Luis Carlos Maldonado, they have made a decision to rock about as hard as a band can.  Over the course of the month of April they'll be doing a tri-state circuit that stops at Pianos every Wednesday.  I'm going to check them out on Wednesday the 29th and you're all invited to join me.  If not, then at the very least head over to their MySpace page and give them a listen.  It's only a matter of time before they're in everyone's face, and you can say you were one of the first.

I'm thinking about giving my top five favorite songs of all time a run tomorrow.  The thing about "favorites" is that there's only supposed to be one.  I kinda dig the fact that on web browsers nowadays they're referred to as "bookmarks".  That's much more apropos.  A "favorite" by definition means preferred over and above all others, a "bookmark" to me just implies something that you'd like to refer back to.  At the end of the day, there's really no need to choose a favorite anything, which is why we all get caught up making lists.  Top 3, top 5, top 10, top 20, top 50 and so on.  The line needs to be drawn someplace, but nobody would ever watch a VH1 special on anybody's Top 1.  With that in mind, I'm gonna head to bed, wish all of you sweet dreams and happy mornings, and prepare for my top 5 favorite songs (subject to change, in no certain order).

Peace Love and Vocal Harmonies


No comments:

Post a Comment